Feeling good and looking good has never been more important for people. Many would readily go under the knife to look like some celebrity or even a cartoon character while others might opt these methods for more health or medical reasons. Whatever the reasons may be it is a good idea to know some of the after effects and risks involved.
- Hematoma: this is mostly common is any form of surgery. It is identified as a pool of blood that usually resembles a bruise or a scar, which is painful. It is mainly seen in breast surgery and is a complication resulting after face lifts.
- Infection: this goes without saying, even after thorough before surgery practices, there are chances of infections. Cellulitis which is a common and potentially serious infection caused by bacteria is one of the most commonly related complications associated. In some situations the infections can spread to internal organs requiring more additional medication such as antibiotics to be administered.
- Scar tissue: this is something that cannot be avoided. Though in some cases they may appear very mild or not noticeable. Some surgeries are prone to leave Hypertrophic scarring, which is an abnormally red scar that is raised above the surrounding tissue. Considering the reasons for using a cosmetic surgeon, scarring that can occur can be a problematic issue, especially when you are trying to improve your appearance.
- Damaged nerves: this is also commonly associated with many medical operations therefore equally present in aesthetic treatments as well. Most often women tend to lose sensations in their nipples and surrounding skin after breast augmentation or such procedures.
- Damage to internal organs: some surgeries require using probes to reach areas under the skin. Methods such as thigh liposuction Melbourne are known to be quite harmful for internal organs requiring additional surgery and medication to recover.
- No satisfaction: this is something you cannot plan for. Unfortunately most people will not like how the procedure as gone or how they look after the treatment is complete. Some facial reconstructions can go very wrong, while breast augmentation Melbourne methods can leave you feeling rather imbalanced due to loss of asymmetry.
- Blood pools under the skin: popularly known as Seroma, this is a common complications associated with tummy tucks and can potentially be harmful if infected. They are usually drained from the system with the use of a needle, but it can be a painful side effect.
- Anesthesia allergies: no one wants to feel the sensations of a surgery being performed, therefore going under during one is most preferred, and however the medication that is used to make you unconscious can have side effects such as lung infections, stroke and even sometimes death. Therefore it is potentially dangerous.