Babies are pretty helpless after they are born into our world, and will remain so for a long while. It is the duty of the parents, guardians, siblings and relatives to make sure that they attend to a baby’s every need as soon as possible.
During a baby’s first year, a lot is going to happen. Young parents might have some trouble during this period of times due to how quickly their baby is going to grow. Parents need to make sure that they buy all required baby gear when required, but sometimes this can be a difficult choice. Here are the essentials that you should consider buying:
• Clothes – This is the most important thing. Make sure that you have enough clothes for your baby and that it is adequate enough for the climate and season. If you live in a harsh climate or if winter is approaching, it is imperative that you get enough clothes to keep your baby warm. Newborns need to keep their warmth, but they can easily lose heat off their bodies due to how small they are. Sweaters and caps are good at ensuring that minimal heat is lost through the head. One thing to note though is that babies grow out of their clothes very quickly, so do not buy too much even though you might be tempted to buy all the cute designs available out there!
• Diapers – You will need a lot of diapers daily. Be sure to stock up on them and try to go for natural diaper creams. You should always have enough stocked up to get by for two or three days. Be on the lookout for coupons, sales and other methods to lower costs. Buying in bulk can also be considered.
• Bathing Gear – You will need to wash your baby on a daily basis. To do this, you will need to purchase a baby bath tub and baby soap. A small plastic tub will suffice, while baby soap should be used instead of regular soap due to it being gentler on a baby’s soft skin. Opting for natural organic baby products is a smart choice, since they are even more friendly on the skin and will not cause any sorts of irritations.
• Baby Oil – After washing your baby, applying some oil or cream will avoid skin dryness and will help keep it smooth and in great condition. Natural organic baby products is recommended instead of mineral oil, particularly for babies having sensitive skin. Getting a doctor’s assistance is a good idea to decide on the best lotion or cream.
• Baby Crib – A baby needs a place to sleep, since that is the thing they do most of the time. While you may keep him or her on a bed, it is not recommended since a baby could fall off easily without adequate protection. Consider purchasing a baby crib and a mattress, checking out whether it meets all safety requirements. Do not go overboard with custom designs: you can easily decorate a simple, inexpensive crib by yourself!